Hoverboard Info & User Guide
Hoverboard – UK
Before operating this unit, read all the instructions carefully. This manual can guide you through the functions and usage of your Swegway. Before using this hoverboard, familiarise yourself with all the functions, so that you can keep the scooter in the best condition possible.
General Hoverboard Info
1.1. The risk of driving
- Learn how to drive safely before you increase speed on the hoverboard.
- Ignoring the advice in the user’s manual can lead to injury.
- Speed and range of the hoverboard differs depending on rider weight, terrain, temperature, and driving
- Make sure to wear protective clothing before using the
- Make sure to read the user guide carefully before using the
- Only ride your Swegway in dry weather.
- We do not recommend the use of your balance scooters on public roads
- Please familiarize yourself comply with the traffic regulations of your country before using this
1.2. Preparation before Operation
Before using the hoverboard, the battery should be fully charged. Please check Chapter 6.
1.3. Weight limits for the rider
Reasons for weight limitation: 1. guarantees the safety of the operator; 2. decreases damage of the unit.
Maximum load: 120kg. Minimum load: 20kg.
Hoverboard Info on Operating the Balance scooter
2.1. Description and identification
If your scooter seems to pull to the left or right, you may need to recalibrate its sensors. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Shut down/level the scooter
Step 2: Press the Power button for more than 10 seconds until you see the light flashing 5 times. Step 3: Shutdown the hoverboard again.
Step 4: Switch on to finish the calibration.
2.3. Operating principles
- Balancing scooters use internal gyroscopes and acceleration The status of the scooter is controlled by the centre of gravity. It is adjusted by motor, which in turn is controlled by the servo control system. When you lean forward, it will sense your movement and will accelerate. When you need to turn, slow the Swegboard down and move your foot forwards or backwards. The centre of gravity of your body changes to the left or right. The Swegway senses the shift and moves to the left or right.
- Balance scooter has an inertial dynamic stabilisation system, It tries to keep you on board.
2.4. Learn how to use it
Step 1: Press the power button to switch on the hoverboard.
Step 2: Put the scooter on a flat surface and make sure all safety measures are taken. Put one foot on the pad, this will trigger the pedal switch and switch on the indicator light. Once you feel that the system enters the self-balancing mode, put the other foot on the pad.
Step 3: Now start moving forwards and backwards, do remember the movement of your body should not be abrupt. 4. It is easier when you step backwards to come off your Swegway.
If you sense under foot that you are not in a balanced position when you trigger the foot-switch, the buzzer will set off an alarm, and the warning LED will come on. As long as the system plays up and does not appear to switch to balance you should not operate the scooter. Then you need to calibrate the sensors, see point 2.2.
Step 4: Control the left and right direction of the hoverboard.
Step 5: Before you get off, make sure that the Swegway is still in balanced condition and has stopped moving, then step off with one foot, then the other foot.
Tilt right foot forward- Turn Left Tilt left foot forward- Turn Right
You should never turn violently when driving fast.
You should never ride sideways or turn on a slope. It will lead to fall and injury.
- Always respond to alarms
Scooter will not operate in the following situations:
- Whenever the system encounters an error, the hoverboard will make you aware of it. Beeps will sound intermittently, lights will flash. At this point, you have to come off the hoverboard.
- This can happen when the engines are about to switch off for example.
- The battery power is dwindling, A few minutes later the hoverboard will switch off.
- When stepping on the hoverboard and the platform moves at angles of more than 10 degrees, the unit will not operate.
- The voltage of the battery is too
- During operation, the platform turns upside down will prohibit
- The battery is not charged enough.
- Tire stall, two seconds later the scooter enters power off
- The battery voltage is lower than the protection value, 15 seconds later the electric scooter enters into power off
- Continuing large current discharge (such as a long-time climbing a very steep slope)
When the scooter enters shutdown mode, the system will lock down the machine automatically. It can be unlocked when you press the power button. When the battery has been depleted or the system gives out information with safety shutdown, please do not continue to drive the scooter, otherwise, the scooter cannot balance for because of the lack of power. In this condition, the driver is likely to come off the board and can be harmed. If the battery reaches.
- The product should only be used in temperatures between -10°C – +45°C.
2.6. Riding practice
Before you drive the balance scooter, please make sure you are familiar with driving it. Always practice with someone ready to hold/catch you.
- Use casual (but not loose) clothing and flat shoes in order to retain your body’s
- Please go to open spaces to practice driving the scooter until you can easily get on and get off.
- Make sure that the surface is
- When you are driving on different terrain, you must slow
- Balance scooter is a driving tool designed for a smooth Reduce speed if you drive the scooter on a rough surface.
- Before driving: Read Chapter 4 on maximum speed and Chapter 5 on safe driving thoroughly
Hoverboard Info on Platform Sensor and Indicators
3.1. Platform sensor
The balance scooter has four sensors below the platform, when the operator steps on the platform, the hoverboard will adjust itself to a balancing pattern automatically. When riding it, you have to make sure that the platform is being fully stepped on, please do not step on the parts outside the platform. Do not put objects, toddlers or animals on the platform to guarantee that the hoverboard does not cause injury to yourself or others.
3.2. Battery & Operation Indicators
The indicator is located in the middle of the hoverboard. It is used for operating information.
- The battery indicator on the balance Swegway will show green as long as there is sufficient power in the battery to drive.
- The hoverboard will show red when battery power stands at 15-20% and you will you need to stop driving and start recharging the balance scooter.
- the balance scooter will show RED and have a WARNING ALARM SOUND when the battery power has run out and you must stop driving immediately. The balance scooter will now shut down without further notice. There is a risk that you might injure yourself if you keep riding.
- Operation indicator: When the pedal is triggered, the operation indicator will light then the system comes into operating condition; when the system runs an error, the indicator will turn
Hoverboard Info on Range and Speed
4.1. Range per charge
The range per charge is related to many factors, for example:
Terrain: You’ll ride longer on smoother roads than on uneven terrain.
Weight: The heavier you are the slower the hoverboard and the shorter the range
Temperature: Extreme temperature will decrease the driving distance.
Maintenance: If the balance scooter is charged properly and the battery is kept in good condition, this will maximize the driving distance you can achieve
Speed and driving style: Keeping a steady speed will increase the driving distance, on the contrary, frequent start, stop, acceleration, deceleration will reduce the distance.
4.2. Max. Speed
The maximum speed of the balance scooter is ca.15km/h but depends on many factors even the direction of the wind, the driver’s weight, etc. If the battery is fully charged, the surface is very level or even angled downward, there is a tailwind, and the driver is not very heavy, the maximum speed may exceed 15km/h.
Approaching its maximum speed, the balance scooter emits a warning signal, and speed should be reduced.
We recommend driving the balance scooter at speeds that are comfortable to you and not driving the balance scooter at speeds exceeding 15km/h.
If you stick to the suggested speed, the electric scooter can balance itself well.
Hoverboard Info on Safe riding
This chapter will focus on safety, knowledge and warnings. Before operating this vehicle, read all the instructions for safe assembly and operation.
When discharging (driving), there will be an continuous alarm sound if the temperature inside the item reaches 65 degrees. When this alarm sound start, then it is important to immediately stop using the hoverboard! If the temperature inside the item goes up to 75 degrees, then the scooter will be cut off and loose balance. The “driver” risks to get injured.
Before starting, familiarise yourself with how to operate the hoverboard, so that you can keep the scooter in the best condition.
When you are driving the scooter, make sure that all safety measures are taken. You should be wearing a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and other protective gear.
The driver should not wear loose or hanging clothing, shoelaces, etc. that can get caught in the wheels of the Balance scooter.
A balance scooter is only for personal entertainment. You are not allowed to ride it on public streets. A The balance scooter is not allowed on the streets.
Children, the elderly, pregnant women should drive.
People who have difficulties balancing should not drive the hoverboard
Do not drive the Swegway under the influence of alcohol or any other substance. Do not carry items when driving.
Please be alert to objects in front of you. Maintaining good vision will help you drive the scooter safely. Relax your legs while driving with your knees slightly bent. It will help maintain balance when encountering uneven ground.
A Balance scooter can only carry one person.
Do not start or stop suddenly. Avoid driving on steep slopes.
- Do not drive the Swegway against a fixed object like a wall or other structure, and continue driving the hoverboard afterwards.
- Do not drive in dimly lit or dark
- Driving the hoverboard is at your own risk and Kissimoto Ltd not responsible for any accidents or damage you may encounter.
- Ensure the vehicle speed is safe for yourself and others, and be ready to stop at any time when
- When you are driving the scooter, please keep a certain distance from each other to avoid
- When steering you should use your body’s center of Any violent shift of your centre of gravity may cause you to wreck or fall off the scooter.
- Do not drive backwards for long distances or drive backwards or, turn at high Don’t drive down a slope exceeding the speed limit at which the hoverboard can balance you.
- Do not drive while it rains or expose the Swegway to other wet conditions. Only to be driven in dry weather conditions
- Avoid snow, ice, and slippery
- Avoid driving on items made of cloth, small branches and stones.
- Avoid driving in narrow spaces or where there is an obstacle.
- Jumping on or off the scooter can and will cause damage that is not covered by any warranty. Risk of personal damage caused by “trick riding” is not covered by Kissimoto Ltd and voids any warranty.
Hoverboard Info on how to Charge
How to maintain the battery of your hoverboard. For your own safety and that of others please make sure to follow the instructions below
6.1. Low battery
When you find the battery indicator is red and flashing, it indicates low battery. Stop driving immediately. When the power is low, there is not enough energy for your normal driving, then the system will automatically tilt the base of the platform to prohibit the operator’s use. The tilting of the platform is an unusual sensation and might unsettle the rider. It is very easy to fall if you continue driving and will negatively affect the battery’s life.
- Do not use the battery in the following
- Giving out some odor or excessive
- Leakage of any substance.
- It is prohibited to disassemble the
- Do not touch any substance leaking out of the
- Do not let children and animals touch the battery.
- Batteries contain dangerous substances inside. It is forbidden to open the battery and to stick objects into the battery.
- Use only the supplied charger.
- Don’t overcharge lithium The battery pack consists of lithium batteries.
When you find the battery indicator is red and flashing, it indicates low battery. It is recommended that you stop driving and recharge the hoverboard. When the battery is low, there is not enough power for normal driving. The operational system of the Swegway will automatically tilt the platform forward to prohibit use. This could cause the driver to fall off the hoverboard and get injured.
6.2. Charging steps
- Make sure that the balance scooter, the charger and the DC power socket on the Swegway are kept
- Note: ONLY use the supplied charger with your hoverboard
- Using another charger may damage the product or create other potential
- Plug the power adapter into the DC power port on the back of the scooter and a standard power
Make sure the green indicator on the adaptor lights up.
- When the red indicator lights on the charger indicate charging properly, otherwise check if the line is connected
- When the indicator light on the charger changes from red to green, this indicates that the battery is fully
- In this case, please stop Over charging will affect the battery life.
- Charging may take up to 5 – 4 hours. Do not charge the battery for more than 4 hours. Disconnect the charger from the balance board and the power supply after 4 hours. Overcharging will reduce the lifetime of the battery.
- The hoverboard should not be charged over longer periods.
- Never charge the Swegway without
- The balance Scooter should only be charged in temperatures between 0°C – +45°C.
- If charging at lower or higher temperatures, there is a risk that the performance of the battery will be reduced and a potential risk of damage to the product and personal injury.
- Charge and store the hoverboard in an open, dry area and away from flammable materials (i.e. materials that may burst into flames).
- Do not charge in sunlight or near open fire.
- Do not charge the hoverboard immediately after Let the product cool down for one hour before charging.
- If the Swegway is left with other persons for example during a holiday period, it should be partially charged (20-50% charged). Not fully
- Do not remove the unit from the packaging, charge it fully and then put it back into the
- When shipped from the factory, the scooter has often been partially Keep the hoverboard in a partially charged state, until it is going to be used.
Hoverboard Info on Maintenance
Balance scooter need to be maintained. This chapter mainly describes the relevant steps to maintain it. Please make sure that the power and charge coil are off before you do the following operation. You should not operate when the battery is charging.
- Make sure the power and the charge coil are off.
- Wipe the shell of the hoverboard with a soft
- Make sure that water and other liquids do not enter the internal parts of the balance scooter as this may permanently damage the electronics/batteries of the scooter. There is a risk of personal
- If the storage temperature is below 0°C, please do not charge the You can place it in a warm environment (5-30°C) for charging.
- You can cover the hoverboard, in order to prevent
- Store the Swegway indoors put it in a place with a dry and suitable
- If used at lower or higher temperatures, there is a risk that the performance of the battery will be reduced and a potential risk of damage to the product and personal injury.
- Store the unit at temperatures between 5°C – 30°C. (optimum storage temperature is 25°C)
- Charge and store the hoverboard in an open, dry area and away from flammable materials (i.e. materials that may burst into flames).
- Do not store the product in sunlight or near open
- If the product is left with other persons for example during a holiday period, it should be partially charged (20-50% charged). Not fully
- Do not remove the Swegway from the packaging, charge it fully and then put it back into the packaging.
- When shipped from the factory, the hoverboard has often been partially charged. Keep the product in a partially charged state, until it is going to be used.
- The Balance Scooter must cool down for at least 1 hour before being packed.
- Must not be left inside a warm car sitting in the sun.
- To protect user safety, users are forbidden to open the scooter, or you give up your warranty
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, COPYRIGHT KISSIMOTO LTD
Electric and electronic equipment and included batteries contain materials, components and substances that can be hazardous to your health and the environment, if the waste material (discarded electric and electronic equipment and batteries) is not handled correctly.
Electric and electronic equipment and batteries are marked with the crossed out trash can symbol, seen below.
This symbol signifies that electric and electronic equipment and batteries should not be disposed of with other household waste, but should be disposed of separately.
As the end user it is important that you submit your used batteries to the appropriate and designated facility. Make sure that the batteries are recycled in accordance with legislature and will not harm the environment.
All cities have established collection points, where electric and electronic equipment and batteries can either be submitted free of charge at recycling stations and other collection sites, or be collected from the households. Additional information is available at the technical department of your city.